What is LH Gear Coordinate Measuring?
The Wenzel GearTec LH Gear series is a combination of gear inspection and coordinate measuring capabilities.
What does the LH Gear do?
The LH Gear series of CMMs measure a range of gears and associated rotationally symmetrical parts and gear production tools as well as geometry of regular CMM parts. Any of the Wenzel vertical CMM frame (LHG, LH Gantry and LHF) can be utilized to measure gears, tools and CMM parts on the same structure.
What applications are suitable for LH Gear?
All types of parallel axis gears, bevel gears, worms, worm wheels, and gear production tools such as hobs, shaving and shaper cutters can be inspected. In addition the machine can be equipped with fixed or indexible Renishaw probe heads to measure any kinds of traditional CMM parts.
What are some other Features/Benefits of the LH Gear?
- Machines can be configured to measure diameters from 500mm to 4,000mm
- All axes are made from natural South African Impala granite, guaranteeing excellent thermal behavior.
- Air bearings on all linear axes ensure smooth running and high accuracy performance with no mechanical wear over the long life of the machine
- All LHGear systems measure gear to VDI/VDE 2612/2613 Group I accuracy levels.
- All system components and software are developed, produced and maintained by WENZEL.
Our philosophy when it comes to coordinate measuring is to eliminate as many avenues of inaccuracy as possible – before any measuring happens. Because we start with the intrinsic-accuracy of granite in each piece of metrology equipment we manufacture, your coordinate measuring then high accuracy built in. Starting with the most mechanically accurate structure for gear inspection means less error mapping to compensate for less than ideal materials. For more information about getting the best results in your coordinate measuring processes contact Wenzel America at 248.295.4300 or contact us here.