What is Pointmaster Point Cloud Software?
Pointmaster point cloud software handles point cloud, geometric entities and design data with great efficiency and is the environment into which all Wenzel’s non-contact products interface.
What does Pointmaster do?
Pointmaster collects scanned point cloud data from the Shapetracer, Phoenix and Mobile Scan 3d scanners into a common environment. In Pointmaster, point data can be turned into STL format, aligned, compared to CAD, measured and reported on. Alternatively it can be used as a reverse engineering environment or programming tool for CNC measurement.
What applications are suitable for the Pointmaster?
Applications are where data from a 3d scanning tool needs to be inspected and compared to CAD or where parts need to be reverse engineered from scans. Functionality also exists that allows scanned data or CAD can be used to create tool path data to drive NC scanners such as the Shapetracer or Phoenix.
What are some other Features/Benefits of the Pointmaster?
- Import capability for Point cloud, stl and CAD entities.
- Comprehensive analysis tools for cmm inspection and CAD comparison.
- Powerful tools for reverse engineering point clouds and other measured data into CAD
- Scan path generation for programming of Phoenix and Shapetracer scan tools.
- Can be interfaced with Wenzel-Metromec Quartis software to create “Virtual CMM” for GD&T
- All system components and software are developed, produced and maintained by WENZEL
More about our industrial scanning machines – exaCT
When it comes to industrial scanning, Computed Tomography may be one of the most underutilized. We’ve written a number of industrial scanning articles over the years outlining the advantages and advances that make CT such a valuable quality tool. For more information on our line of CT and other point cloud software, contact Wenzel America at 248.295.4300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.