What is the WGT gear inspection machine?
The Wenzel GearTec WGT series is range of 4-axis gear inspection machines, which represent the ultimate in high accuracy, high speed analytical gear testing. We produce the WGT 280 (gears up to 280mm in diameter), WGT400, WGT600, WGT850/1000 and WGT1200/1600.
What does the WGT do?
The WGT series measures a range of gears and associated rotationally symmetrical parts and gear production tools.
What applications are suitable for WGT?
All types of parallel axis gears, bevel gears, worms, worm wheels, shafts and gear production tools such as hobs, shaving and shaper cutters can be inspected.
What are some other Features/Benefits of the WGT?
- All axes are made from natural South African Impala granite, guaranteeing excellent thermal behavior.
- Air bearings on all linear axes ensure smooth running and high accuracy performance with no mechanical wear over the long life of the machine
- Fully counterbalanced tailstock, to support longer gears, tools and shafts with parts easily loaded due to its ergonomic design.
- All WGT systems measure gear to VDI/VDE 2612/2613 Group I accuracy levels.
- All system components and software are developed, produced and maintained by WENZEL.
Just like our traditional CMMs, our newest WGT gear inspection machine is manufactured with proven engineering principles and all-granite structures for intrinsic accuracy. Since launching our first gear inspection equipment in 2003, we have developed a full line of dedicated gear measuring machines (GMMs). Controllers and easy-to-use software created specifically for gear metrology power all of our gear inspection machines. Our WGT can measure gears as small as 50 mms to 6000 mm in diameter. To find out more about the WGT line or the LH and LH Hybrid gear inspection machines call us at 248.295.4300 or contact us here.