Commitment to Privacy
WENZEL America is committed to protecting your privacy.
The Data Controller responsible for all processing in the context of our website and electronic communications is:
WENZEL America Ltd.
28700 Beck Rd.
Wixom MI 48393
What Data Do We Collect and Process?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed.
We are likely to process the following types of personal data (hereafter referred to as “Personal Data”):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, and title;
- Contact Data includes email address, postal address, and telephone numbers; and
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by letter, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Request resource downloads to be sent to you;
- Schedule a consultation using our website;
- Request support through our website; or
- Request a quotation or other information from our company.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers;
- Advertising networks; and
- Search information providers.
- Contact, Financial, and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators; and
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
Cookies in Use on this Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
There currently is no way to use our website and also prevent cookies from being set. Therefore, our policy is to prevent users who have decided not to accept cookies from using our website.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will prevent you from using our site, and will likely limit the functionality of a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
For What Purpose Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Processing your request – in particular answering to a request you sent us (to obtain information on our products, a sales contact, etc.) and, more generally, communicating with you about our products and services;
- Performing and ensuring your performance on a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Administrating and performing survey, marketing campaigns, market analysis and other promotional activities and events;
- Use of your rights consistent with data privacy laws.
On What Legal Basis Do We Process Your Personal Data?
We collect the Personal Data you voluntarily provide us based on our legitimate business purpose.
We have a legitimate business purpose to process your personal data in the following situations:
- When you send an email or fill out a form to obtain information from us;
- When we conduct marketing activities;
- When you send an email to exercise your rights under applicable laws, in particular the GDPR (European General Data Protection Regulation).
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Data?
In addition to WENZEL America, we are likely to share your Personal Data to the following types of third parties:
- Marketing companies;
- Companies providing us with IT services which process such data only for the purpose of such services (e.g., hosting, IT maintenance and support services).
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing and statistics purposes.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service provides to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How Long Do We Process Your Data?
Your Personal Data is stored by us as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Your Personal Data may be stored longer on backup files that are not active (tape, offsite locations).
What Measures Protect Your Personal Data?
We adopt appropriate measures to keep your Personal Data confidential and secure:
- Only the authorized staff or agents have access to your Personal Data, based on a need-to-know basis and depending on the reason why we collected your Personal Data.
- Storage of data, including your Personal Data, is managed to prevent any unauthorized access. However, no guarantee is given on the security of the data during transmission through websites or emails.
You also play an important role in protecting your Personal Data and we ask you to be sure to:
- not share with us in any email, attachment or “comment” section of our webpages any personal data that is not absolutely necessary or specifically requested by us to process your request and/or application;
- when requested, choose an account password that would be difficult for others to find and keep such password confidential;
- when using a shared or public computer, do not accept your login details to be remembered and ensure that you log out of your account when leaving the computer; and
- avoid using public Wi-Fi.
Do We Transfer Your Personal Data?
We do not rent or sell Personal Data.
For marketing, communication and/or event organization purposes, we may transfer your Personal Data to a subcontractor who will send you information and/or invitation(s) to a show or other event and/or send a newsletter on our behalf.
Also, in order to fulfill the various purposes mentioned here, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries, outside of the USA or the European Union. Such countries may have laws and data protection rules that differ from those that apply in the country in which you are located.
We ensure that transfers of your Personal Data will only be made to organizations that guarantee an adequate level of protection.
What Rights Do You Have?
Depending on the location of your residence, you may have the following rights:
- Right to access to your Personal Data
- Right to rectification of your Personal Data if you find it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure of your Personal Data
- Right to request that your Personal Data be used in a more restrictive way
- Right to object to further processing of your Personal Data.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your Personal Data. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before we provide you with a copy of any of your Personal Data that we maintain.
For legal or contractual reasons, we may need to retain some of your Personal Data after you have requested deletion. We may also be permitted by applicable laws to retain some of your Personal Data to satisfy our business needs. Your Personal Data will not be deleted from backup files that are no longer active.
We endeavor to satisfy your request regarding your Personal Data. However, depending on your location, should you be unsatisfied with our response, you may have the right to file a complaint with a government regulator or protection authority.
Notice to California Residents: Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of Personal Data we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. To obtain this information, please send an email to [email protected] with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message.
Changes to this Notice